Friday, September 19, 2014

Back to the Beginning

I have not published a single post on this blog in a year and a half. I've written many, and I've written quite a lot of book reviews on Goodreads, but I haven't posted here. So I'm essentially starting over, after a very, very long break.

In real, off-line life, I earned a Masters in Library and Information Science, I spent a while working four jobs simultaneously, I moved from Michigan to Illinois and then to New York, where I am now. At this very moment, I am unemployed, a state with which I am uncomfortable and unfamiliar with, and I'm living in a city I don't know surrounded by complete strangers, half a country away from all of my friends and family, with the exception of my wife and our two dogs.

Faced with this status and with nothing but job applications, cooking, and cleaning to occupy my time, I've decided to revive this blog from its rather long, languishing sleep. I'll be posting three times a week about what I'm reading, and after my year in library school, what I'm reading is much more varied than it used to be.

I still love fantasy, fairy tale re-writes, science fiction, and young adult, and those are what I have lined up for now. But I'll also be writing about romance, children's picture books, literary fiction, mysteries, and more. If you have a book you've loved, feel free to recommend it. If you have a book you'd like me to review, feel free to send it (please, please, please!). If you want to see all the books I've been reading while I was busy not posting to this blog, you can follow me on Goodreads. :) I'll probably slowly begin moving my Goodreads reviews over here, for weeks when I can't manage to read enough to fill the blog.

Why should you be reading this blog? What do you have to look forward to? For now, I'll be posting reviews of adult lit on Mondays and children's lit on Wednesdays. I'll also be re-instituting Short Story Saturday, and I'll be posting about a short story every Saturday. At some point in the future, I might take part in my own version of Throw-back Thursdays, by re-reading and reviewing books I read when I was younger.

So....Hello, again, Internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment